To facilitate an Alzheimer’s Association affiliated Early Stage Engagement Program for individuals with MCI or Early Stage dementia and/or care partners for the Alzheimer’s Association Minnesota-North Dakota, following the established policies and procedures.Qualifications
- Motivated, resourceful and dependable (ability to commit to at least one year)
- Positive and encouraging attitude and willingness to learn about others
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Respectful of cultural diversity and possess the ability to relate to individuals of all socio-economic backgrounds
- Recognize and respond appropriately to requests
- Empathy for individuals and care givers
- Ability to complete required Early Stage Engagement Training.
Individual will need or develop:
- Experienced with and sufficient knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Familiarity with association and community disease-related resources, programs, and events.
- Be comfortable with medical terms and healthcare issues
- Awareness of community dementia related resources and events
- Complete/pass a phone screen to determine if Early Stage Engagement Program facilitation is a good fit
- Clear a background check prior to beginning with an Early Stage Engagement Program
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager
- Begin each meeting with a welcome to new members, introductions and discussion of ground rules and meeting purpose
- Create a safe atmosphere
- Develop meeting time/schedule and ground rules
- Follow participant eligibility requirements as outlined by the Association’s Early Stage Social Engagement Program.
- Educate and refer participants to the Association’s programs and services including Information Helpline, Care Consultation, Safe Return and Family Education (NOTE: If a health care professional, does not refer to their own programs/services OR provide any related materials)
- Complete necessary group attendance and evaluation paperwork
- Program Management
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Support Group Facilitator in...
- RivALZ Twin Cities
- Young Champions - St. Cloud
- Community Education - Bismarck
- Community Education Volunteer in...
- Community Education - Aitkin...
- Education & Outreach Volunteer
- Data Entry Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Young Champions in the Twin Ports
- Community Education -...
- Early Stage Engagement...
- Community Education- Itasca County
- Community Education in Minot
- Support Group Facilitator -...
- Office Assistants