The Accounting and Operations Intern will work closely with Propeller’s Accounting and Operations Coordinator to support the organization’s financial and operations management. This internship would be ideal for an extremely detail-oriented, organized, and efficient self-starter interested in learning how a local non-profit works from the ground up. As an incubator for local entrepreneurs Propeller offers interns an excellent opportunity to network and learn about the start-up community here in New Orleans.
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 15-20 hours a week - 3- to 6-month commitment preferred
Expectations: A successful intern is expected to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and a genuine interest in the administrative and financial functions of a non-profit organization.Position Responsibilities
Assist with financial management
- Assist with ad hoc financial reports and financial analysis
- Assist with journal entries
- Assist with month end procedures
- Assist with scanning in financial paperwork and documentation
- Any other duties as needed
- Assist with developing and implementing an efficient and effective File and Office Organization Plan
- Assist with Salesforce, a Data Management Software, projects and tasks
- Organize and inventory office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available. Notify Accounting and Data Coordinator if new supplies need to be ordered.
- Any other duties as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail, organized, efficient, and desire to get things right. Does not let important details slip through the cracks
- Strong project management and administrative skills with demonstrated ability to set concrete goals, organize, and prioritize
- Proactive - asks questions, takes initiative and brings new ideas to the company
- Efficient - able to produce results with minimal wasted effort
- Quick learner who is committed to constant improvement
- Passion for Propeller’s mission
- Experience or willingness to learn organizational software and platforms (i.e. Salesforce, Dropbox, Quickbooks, etc.)
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018; we recommend early applications and may fill the position before the deadline.
Application Directions: Please submit your resume and answers to the questions below here. When applying, be sure to select the "Accounting and Operations Internship" option when prompted to choose a specific internship.
- Why do you want to intern at Propeller?
- Why are you interested in non-profit accounting and administration?
- What are your professional goals and how will this internship help you reach them?
About Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation
Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting social innovation in New Orleans. Our mission is to grow and support entrepreneurs to tackle social and environmental disparities. We envision a powerful community of diverse entrepreneurs and stakeholders working together for a more equitable future where everyone can lead healthy, fulfilling lives free of racism, poverty, and other systems of oppression.
Our strategy is to build a critical mass of entrepreneurs working to solve key challenges in our issue areas of food security, water management, health, educational equity, and economic development in order to make significant change for underserved individuals.
Propeller and its Ventures have received local and national recognition inThe New York Times, TIME, Los Angeles Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Wired, Forbes, The Advocate and The Times Picayune. To learn more about Propeller, visit gopropeller.org.
Propeller is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and candidates of color are encouraged to submit applications.
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours a week – 3- to 6-month commitment pref