Saving Promise, a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the prevalence of domestic violence in America, is seeking a volunteer Director of Operations to become a pivotal member of our leadership team.
Inspired by one woman’s courage and commitment, Saving Promise is leading the charge to unite communities, foster collaborations and catalyze action to disrupt the cycle of domestic violence that permeates every community in America. Saving Promise was founded on the belief that we must break the silence that jeopardizes the health and well-being of one in four men and women by mobilizing a movement focused on domestic violence prevention. And because no one individual, community or organization can solve this public health crisis on its own, Saving Promise is leading the way in building bridges across sectors to identify and scale evidenced-based prevention strategies.
This role may be right for you if....
...you are an executive-level high-performer who is passionate about volunteering and dedicating time and knowledge to make a difference. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional relationship-building skills, is driven and comfortable working in a startup operation with the flexibility to excel in a progressive environment. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to contribute his or her expertise and lead a mission-driven organization, someone who takes pride in draconian attention to detail (because it’s the only way you know how to be), and who is passionate about making a real impact in the world. Reporting to the Founder, this position includes a variety of responsibilities such as strategic planning, relationship development, fundraising, communications and marketing and community outreach.
If you like to volunteer your time and be a part of mission-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves environment, this may be the place for you!
What will you be doing?
Strategic Planning and Operations:
- Work in partnership with the Founder and Executive Board of Directors providing overall strategic and operational responsibility for organization
- Develop plans and set goals and priorities for key programs, partnerships and events
- Serve as the liaison to stakeholders and partners
- Play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing staff, volunteers and consultants
- Work with Founder and Board to establish annual fundraising goals and strategies
- Cultivate and nurture partnerships with individual donors, philanthropists, corporations, foundations and social impact investors
- Write, submit and track letter of inquiries, grants and proposals to funding sources
- Prepare pitch materials for and make presentations to prospective funders and strategic partners
- Develop and execute a communications plan to enhance the organization’s visibility and impact leveraging the Founder and Board Members
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications-from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Experience in nonprofit management
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in organizational leadership, relationship building, business development, fundraising and/or cause marketing experience
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff and volunteers; coach and develop high-performance teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget
- Commitment to results and a "can do" mindset with an emphasis on accountability
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, self-directed, and action-oriented
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, including multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Hardworking and flexible with proven interpersonal skills
- Comfort with both taking direction and asking for help
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Proven talent to write succinctly and with style
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Excel
- Bachelor of Arts or Science or relevant experience
This position is ideal for an individual interested in taking a leading role in a progressive national organization devoted to igniting major social change. The ideal candidate will be willing to provide a significant amount of time (upward of 30 hours per week) to support a dynamic start-up poised for major growth. Upon successfully launching key development initiatives, opportunities for part or full-time employment will be considered. While a shared workspace is provided in Washington, D.C. the candidate will also be able to telecommute with flexible work hours.
Location: Greater Washington, DC region
To Apply: Interested parties should send thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours per week.