We've Got Your Back Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
31 people are interested
We believe no one should go hungry, so we strive to provide hope to local school-aged children who are identified as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act. We do this through our weekly nutrition program, We’ve Got Your Back, which provides backpacks full of nutritious food to over 1,000 families to ensure a stable food source, enabling students to go to school ready to learn. Each week we stuff backpacks for families in and around Orange and Los Angeles Counties, and we need your help to make this happen.
- Pack backpacks with pre-determined food items
- Sort and package food donations
- Restock shelves with donated food
- Help clean and account for all backpacks
- Friendly, organized, and well aligned with our mission to alleviate problems associated with homelessness
- Comfortable working on your feet and with occasional heavy lifting
- Applicants 13 years or older welcome; applicants under 16 require adult supervision
- Minimum shift duration: 2 hours
- Shifts available: Monday through Friday
- 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm
- One-time, short-term, and/or long-term volunteers welcomed
How to Apply:
Please contact email@example.com
If scheduling groups of 5 or more, please contact SueLynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
8332 Commonwealth Ave.Buena Park, CA 90621
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers under 16 need chaperon