Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
YAMM (Youth Achieving Moral Maturity)
Primary duties include being creative and responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, and developing relationships through telephone contacts.
Please note for COVID-19:
- Maintain existing and build new sponsor relationships through effective communication
- Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through the identification of shared goals and values
- May lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs
- Provide timely and accurate projections to the Executive Director
- Build fundraising opportunities through prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication
- Make phone calls to small businesses and large organizations
We are observing COVID-19, therefore, we will not operate until COVID-19 has ended to ensure no one is at-risk. At this time, we are only asking persons to signup to volunteer to be contacted for virtual volunteer opportunities only.
About YAMM (Youth Achieving Moral Maturity)
PO BOX 12345, WINSTON SALEM, NC 27117, US
Our mission is to build moral standards guidance and leadership. We vision at-risk youth and families building resiliency through teamwork, critical thinking, and self-confidence to achieve self-sufficiency.
We place a positive focus on entrepreneurship enabling youth and young adults to achieve moral maturity. Further resulting in better decision-making regarding education, finances, career options, the entertainment of criminal activities, community engagement and leadership, that lead to better lifestyles.
Bella Diamondz- The program ran successful, completed with eight (8) young ladies. The program allowed for three (3) young ladies during the "Ways to make money" to express the interest to become entrepreneurs, one has decided to open a dog sitting service, a home hair salon for young ladies and the other a neighborhood small store.
Youth in Lead- Young men and ladies of YAMM put their leadership skills into practice with a trip to Charlotte in August 2018, tickets sponsored by the Carolina Panthers, transportation paid by YAMM directors. The group of young ladies assisted in chaperoning other youth, taking lead. We look forward to running this program again in September 2019.
YAMM Community Day- Since 2017, YAMM in collaboration with two nonprofit organizations has hosted "Community Day" once a month in each neighborhood from April to September in low-income community areas of Winston-Salem: Residents were given free hot dogs/hamburgers, a drink, and chips. We also provided entertainment: DJ, Games, Basketball and Marching Band performances.