We are a small, fiscally-sponsored organization looking for individuals who are passionate about restoring and honoring cultural connections to land, food, and people, to join us by serving in this volunteer position.
Advisory Board members have an ethical responsibility to ensure that Urban Sprouts does the best work possible in pursuit of its mission and values.
Board Service Responsibilities
- Attend Advisory Board meetings held monthly;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the mission and programs of Urban Sprouts;
- Support and advise Urban Sprouts’ Executive Director;
- Set strategies and guide organization’s growth and development;
- Develop knowledge of nonprofit board governance, nonprofit management, network building, staff support and training;
- Support fundraising efforts of Urban Sprouts, through financial contributions, cultivating donor relationships, and by obtaining cash and/or in-kind contributions from other sources;
- Be an advocate and champion for the success and sustainability of Urban Sprouts, the members of our staff, our partners, and communities.
Skills and Experiences Desired
We seek individuals with one or more of the following:
- PR, communications, or event planning expertise
- Nonprofit leadership or management
- Lawyer/legal expertise
- Finance/accounting expertise
- Fundraising experience, especially individual donor fundraising
Urban Sprouts Advisory Board shall serve a minimum of one 12-month term and a maximum up to 5 terms with an option to re-join the Board after a break of 12 months.
For more information on Urban Sprouts please check out our website at www.urbansprouts.org, or call 415-287-0722.
Interested parties are asked to please send a resume and cover letter to Audrey Roderick, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Urban Sprouts Advisory Board Member
- Donor Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per month