Looking for a way to give back without spreading yourself too thin? Consider joining our board. Nothing gets better than serving on a board and meeting virtually 90% of the time.
We're currently looking for two Board Members to help lead our cause! Though you can serve from wherever you are, preferably, we are interested in candidates living in the Central Pennsylvania areas (Harrisburg, Hershey, Carlisle, Camp Hill, Boiling Spring, Newville, Dillsburg or Mechanicsburg) or candidates living anywhere in PA, DE, or Maryland.
We seek busy folks. Each of our board members is professionally employed and volunteers on our Board. We believe that the busier you are, the more effective you are: offer your knowledge and experience to a diverse team of volunteers finding innovative solutions for Liberia’s youngest and most vulnerable.
Get ready to learn. Working with YesLiberia will provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn about a country rich in history and progress. Did you know that Liberia is the only African country founded by freed slaves from the USA? Or that Liberia is the first African country to elect a female president? Liberia is also one of only two countries in the world in which young people are less educated than their parents. Let’s fix that!
We want your help. By actively participating in our Board discussions, you’ll help direct us along the path ahead. As a team our board focuses on the following:
- Develop and implement strategies for our organization’s programs and operations.
- Vote on issues discussed and hold the Board Chair accountable to the bylaws.
- Contribute to the conversation during our virtual meetings. (We hold a 45-minute conference call every 30 days.)
- Share networks and open doors for the organization, inviting others to contribute.
- Build relationships with donors and supporters and advocate on YesLiberia's behalf.
- Make personal financial contributions to support the cause.
- Attend our annual Board retreat in September or October!
If you can help us, but consider yourself a busy person, we encourage you to try this. We invite you to apply and start creating meaningful impacts almost effortlessly!