Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Farm2School(F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serves the deprived, needy in our society.
How do we do it? Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and solve Food Waste problems.
This person will be responsible for coming up quality standards & measures in identifying the good quality
produce to be used in the Farm2School (F2S) Program. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) F2S program manager and help with the following tasks.
1. Identify and list the top 20 commonly used produce.
2. For the above 20 produce, do a price comparison if purchased as normal, imperfect, organic produce.
3. Define the factors affecting quality and shelf life of the produce.
4. List the USDA standards to check for the quality of the produce.
5. List any possible allergies associated with those produce.
6. Create a list of top 10 California native fruits/vegetables and follow the steps 2-5 for the same.
7. Create documentation to check for quality of the produce.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A Basic understanding the Food Chain and its stakeholders.
? Comparative analysis, Price Variance analysis
? Team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
? Interest in Food waste awareness
? Computer expertise & Internet researching skills
? Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
? Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
? Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
? People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Internet Research
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday-Friday 10:00am-4:00pm working from office
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager