Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Farm2School(F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serves the deprived, needy in our society.
How do we do it? Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and solve Food Waste problems.
This person will be responsible for identifying potential funding opportunities for running the Farm2School (F2S)
program. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Farm2School program manager and help with generating funds for the F2S program.
1. Identify and list fundraising opportunities/strategies to achieve or exceed annual funding target required
for F2S program.
2. Research on the fundraising opportunities/strategies and classify them based on Grants/Corporate
Donations/Partner Donations/Corporate donation matchings, public donations etc.
3. Research and identify the process involved for getting funds like writing grants, registering O2I in
corporate's as an eligible charity to receive donations etc.
4. Write grant applications/donations requests to charitable trusts/corporates. Create standard Grant writing
templates that can be used for future needs.
5. Execute any/all process involved in getting the funding.
6. Identify ways to easily track funding from multiple sources.
7. Come up with efficient donor management system.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A Basic understanding the Food Chain and its stakeholders.PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Budgeting, fundraising skills, comparative analysis & grant writing skills
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Interest in Food waste awareness
- Computer expertise & Internet researching skills
- Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination