Department and/or Team: Volunteer Department
Reports to: The Volunteer Assistant Director
Works with: Will have regular contact virtually or over the phone with The Volunteer Assistant Director, other rescue team members and volunteers, prospective volunteers, and the leadership team. .
Description of Role: Volunteer Coordinators are responsible for assisting Dallas Pets Alive! with finding volunteers and guiding them to an opportunity that would be the best fit. Coordinators will also assist with setting up new volunteers to start with us.
- Monitoring the Volunteer Application email account and responding to prospective volunteers
- Matching prospective volunteers roles that interest them and work with their schedules
- Ongoing maintenance of volunteer records
- Supporting expansion of volunteer capacity and engagement, allowing Dallas Pets Alive! to grow and save more animals
- Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be responsive and communicative
- A positive and professional demeanor throughout all contacts with others
Time Commitment: We are only seeking Sunday volunteers at this time. Specific hours are flexible, however emails must be replied to by end of day.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Currently, we are in need of a Sunday volunteer.
- Community Cat Program Manager
- VP of Administration
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Rescue Coordinator
- Alumni Follow-up Coordinator...
- Foster Admin
- Counselors and Resource...
- New Partner Coordinator
- Adoptline Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Assistant Volunteer Director -...
- Grant Writer
- TNR Program Administrator
- Adoptions Event Lead
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Social Media Manager