Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Farm2School(F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serves the deprived, needy in our society.
How do we do it? Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and solve Food Waste problems.
This person will be responsible for identifying potential farms for running the Farm2School (F2S) program. This
person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Farm2School program manager and help with
identifying farms, researching the food waste problem in farms and developing solutions to solve them.
1. To come up with a list of potential farms in and around bay area to partner with O2I in F2S program.
2. Research on local farms in bay area based on large scale/small scale and create a farmers database with
details like farm name, address, contact information, produce harvested etc.
3. Reach out to the farms, understand the food waste problem in those farms/ or techniques implemented to
address food waste and report on the findings.
4. Report out the top 5 food waste problems in farms. Provide solutions/recommendations to address these
5. Identify criteria’s and provide recommendations to establish partnership with these farms.
6. Identify food waste, organic farming, and agriculture experts within Berkeley and outside of Berkeley to
serve as short term/long term advisors to help solve the challenges found during the farm visits/study.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A Basic understanding the Food Chain and its stakeholders.
? Teamplayer with strong organizational and communicational skills.
? Interest in Food waste awareness
? Computer expertise
? Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
? Documentation and Reporting skills
? Internet Researching Skills
? Public Relations
? Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
? Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
? People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
- Event Management
- Strategic Planning
- Internet Research
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday-Friday 10:00am-4:00pm working from office
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager