Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Farm2School(F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serves the deprived, needy in our society.
How do we do it? Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and solve Food Waste problems.
This person will be responsible for identifying potential schools for running the Farm2School (F2S) program. This
person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Farm2School program manager and help with
identifying schools, understanding the school approval process, developing information sessions/pitch to inspire and garner school’s support for the F2S program.
1. To come up with a list of potential schools (minimum of 5 schools) in bay area to run the F2S program.
2. Researching on schools in bay area based on food access to students, income level of school, food waste
awareness, and charter/private/public schools.
3. Identifying point of contact in each of these schools.
4. Identify criteria to get school approval to conduct the Farm2School program in their premises.
5. Create a pitch to inspire the kids, teachers and other volunteers about the mission/vision of O2I, F2S
program and to reduce food waste in general.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A Basic understanding the Food Chain and its stakeholders.
Team-player with strong organizational and communication skills.
Interest in Food waste awareness
Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
Documentation and Reporting skills
Internet Researching Skills
Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-10 hrs /week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Community center development lead
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Director of Marketing and...
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Data Entry - Donor Management...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager