Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Farm2School(F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serves the deprived, needy in our society.
How do we do it? Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and solve Food Waste problems.
This person will be responsible for successfully running the Farm2School (F2S) Pilot program in one of the Bay
area Schools. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Farm2School program manager
and help with event management, advertising, budgeting, inventory management and logistics & transportation.
1. Works with O2I Program Manager to help develop the scope, cost and schedule for the F2S pilot.
2. Helps identify the School for the pilot. Work with the School to understand their rules & regulations and help
run the event without circumventing them.
3. Works with O2I Imperfect produce to get the produce for the event.
4. Conduct & manage the 1st Farm2School pilot in the School identified.
5. Advertise the event in social media through blogging, posting flyers, writing articles and creating awareness.
Help build the O2I brand in the event through right promotion materials.
6. Help with the Logistics and transportation aspects of the pilot.
7. Create survey, collect & analyze data during the event and report out the outcome of the event.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Basic understanding the Food Chain and its stakeholders.PREFERRED SKILLS
- Event Planning & Management
- Advertising - Social Media, Blogging, Flyers, Brand development & messaging
- Marketing & Communications
- Public Relations
- Logistics & Supply Chain Transportation - Operations, Inventory, Delivery, Supply Chain, Transportation
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination