JerseySTEM is volunteer, grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the innovative, opportunity, and gender gaps in STEM education for children in New Jersey’s underserved communities. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities for students in grades 5-8 as part of their paths towards college and career readiness. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, and hands-on structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. Classes last up to 10 weeks and are predominantly taught by trained volunteer college students. Volunteers typically donate an average of 2 hours/week to the success of the program.
What’s in it for the Volunteer
- Work with savvy entrepreneurs and business leaders and gain experience at a nonprofit startup
- Build professional network and references. Our executive and management teams are very experienced business leaders who are committed to personal success
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Responsible for on-boarding new volunteers
- Prepare training collateral that can be reused
- Ensure that the knowledge is well-documented and well-organized in the central repository
- Work with HR to create job postings and ensure that the pipeline is always full of volunteers
- Promote postings on social media and other volunteer sites to ensure the consistent flow of volunteers
- Address challenges of volunteers and make sure they have everything that they need to be successful
- Facilitate meetings and post notes on appropriate channels to ensure that our meetings run smoothly and efficiently
- Organize our project management and communication system to keep information organized
- Keep track of deadlines and update our calendars and assignments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dependency and commitment to the job
- Demonstrate a passion for kids, education, GSuite, and working in team settings
Minimum of 2-3 hours per week commitment is preferred
This is a virtual position
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Comfort working in a virtual team
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- GOO: Google Developer with...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- HRS: Recruitment concierge
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...