JerseySTEM is volunteer, grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the innovative, opportunity, and gender gaps in STEM education for children in New Jersey’s underserved communities. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities for students in grades 5-8 as part of their paths towards college and career readiness. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, and hands-on structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. Classes last up to 10 weeks and are predominantly taught by trained volunteer college students. Volunteers typically donate an average of 2 hours/week to the success of the program.
What’s in it for the Volunteer
- Work with savvy entrepreneurs and business leaders and gain experience at a nonprofit startup
- Build professional network and references. Our executive and management teams are very experienced business leaders who are committed to personal success
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Work with the PR manager and customize the content for the channel you own; examples of channels are LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Provide coverage for each event aligned with the corporate objectives
- Create channel-specific social media strategy and ensure that KPIs are met
- Participate in the weekly marketing meeting and be active in our internal communication tool, Slack
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dependency and commitment to the job
- Demonstrate a passion for kids, education, and social media outlets
Minimum of 2-3 hours per week commitment is preferred
This is a virtual position
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Comfort working in a virtual team
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor