JerseySTEM is volunteer, grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the innovative, opportunity, and gender gaps in STEM education for children in New Jersey’s underserved communities. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities for students in grades 5-8 as part of their paths towards college and career readiness. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, and hands-on structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. Classes last up to 10 weeks and are predominantly taught by trained volunteer college students. Volunteers typically donate an average of 2 hours/week to the success of the program.
What’s in it for the Volunteer
- Work with savvy entrepreneurs and business leaders and gain experience at a nonprofit startup
- Build professional network and references. Our executive and management teams are very experienced business leaders who are committed to personal success
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Responsible for aggregating photos/videos/notes from different sources and storing at a centralized place
- Ensures that the photos are well organized and the folders codified as per the class codes so that it's easy for the channel partners to locate and use as appropriate.
- Participate in the weekly marketing meeting and be active in our internal communication tool, Slack
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dependency and commitment to the job
- Demonstrate a passion for kids, education, and working with GSuite
Minimum of 2-4 hours per week commitment is preferred
This is a virtual position
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Comfort working in a virtual team
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- GOO: Google Developer with...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- HRS: Recruitment concierge
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...