We have 25 volunteer positions available for the Bug Fest event that will take place on April 28, 2018 at the Nature Center at Oak Grove Regional Park. We are keen that the volunteers are 18 years or above in age. The volunteer shifts are 9 AM to 1 PM and 12:30 PM to 4 PM.
The volunteers will be either:
- Assigned to a table where they will help us share insect information with our young visitors.
- Assigned to a table where insect crafts are being conducted (eg. insect origami, attach an insect cut-out to a paper hat, insect metamorphosis, and 'let us paint a lady bird’)
- Assigned to a table with an insect game/ puzzle
- Walk around the Nature Center answering questions and helping other volunteers and staff.
Volunteers will be rotated between tables to increased their learning experience
Other activities that will take place at the Bug Fest event are:
- We will have walks in the garden for the visitors where they can observe insect life around plants.
- We will have a section where live insects will be displayed by insect experts to our young visitors.
- An entomologist will also be present who will identify insects captured by our young volunteers. These insects will be released back into the wild after they are identified by the entomologist.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 9 AM to 12:30 PM or 1 to 4 PM