College Potatoes Inc is a 501(c)3 nonprofit public charity, in Waltham MA, forming its board of directors and trying to secure lines of incoming product. Our goal is to distribute computers to the needy and disabled who are furthering their education such as earning a high school diploma, certificate, or college degree.
Intern/Volunteer Job Description
Several Interns will be chosen to help us communicate with the public. They will be in charge of creating and editing communications, event data, calendars, reports, and media such as digital marketing, blogs, and commercials to educate the public about our services. This may turn into a leadership position in which interns are charged with organizing and delegating tasks.
Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, social media content, & blog content.
- Administer social media websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, etc....
- Develop strategies to improve SEO.
- Coordinate Google Adwords
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize marketing materials.
- Collaborate in the creation of email marketing campaigns.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with changing volunteer members.
- Gather relevant content from the team. Review and modify gathered content as needed to support marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate company events.
- Create and enact Guerilla Strategy based marketing
- Work with vendors to support services including signs, photography, etc. Provide suggestions and ideas related to marketing support services.
- Acquire & maintain working knowledge of all sales and marketing software systems
Required Classes or Equivalent:
- Brand Building: Identity, Equity and Loyalty
- Marketing Principles
- Public Relations and Publicity
- Digital Marketing Essentials
- Market Research and Consumer Behavior
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Marketing
- SEO and SEM Optimization: Landing Pages, Testing, and Analytics
- Organizational Reputation Management and Communication
- Social Media Campaigns
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Kids People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 5-40 hours a week