The primary role of the volunteer Event Logistics Assistant is to provide support to the Event Logistics Team. Focus will be on coordinating and organizing event logistics, which includes, but not limited to: procurement of event supplies, assisting with special event production items, organizing event materials. This position also includes administrative tasks related to event planning, such as data entry and database management.
JDRF Victoria Chapter Manager, Fundraising and Development
- Assist with the coordination of major event logistics
- Inventory and organize event supplies and materials
- Event site set up and/or teardown
- Assist with the coordination of event volunteers and related details
3-5 hours a week for minimum of three of 3-6 months (or more if available).
This position is a work-from-home opportunity.
Deliverables (if applicable):
- Be an effective and helpful team player by supporting the Event Logistics Team.
- Help recruit new volunteers and retain existing volunteers.
- Assist with pre-event preparation for the Walk, Ride, and Gala Events.
- You are accountable to all JDRF staff, and volunteers.
- You must maintain strict privacy and confidentiality of all personal information belonging to donors, volunteers, and staff that you encounter during your volunteer experience. All volunteers are subject to signing a JDRF confidentiality agreement
- Weekly check-in calls with manager to gauge project progress
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and comfortable with basic online research
- Comfortable navigating and using online databases and websites
- Access to own computer with a reliable internet connection
Desired Candidate Traits:
- An interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience volunteering in other non-profit organizations’ office and/or events
- Administrative or office experience
Training is provided by JDRF Victoria Chapter staff
- Gain professional work experience in a non-profit environment
- Put your skills to great use in meaningful projects
- Support a worthy cause, help find a cure for type 1 diabetes, and make a difference
If you’re interested in volunteering for this position, please submit your resume to Lisa Mitchell at
firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 1, 2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Inventory Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3--5 hours per week for 3--6months