Africa Bridge is US based nonprofit organization empowering Tanzanian communities to improve the lives of children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDs. our five-year program helps villagers identify most vulnerable children and develop care plans for them, establishes agricultural co-ops to produce income for these children's families, and changes the economy of the entire village.
We pair short-term startup capital with extensive training to help families caring for vulnerable children overcome dire poverty. Our five-year program of sustainable development partners with villagers to identify the most vulnerable children and develop care plans for them, establish farm co-ops to produce household income and nutrition, and deliver microcredit and training that helps the entire community. We also support children’s schooling and health care education.
On October 6, 2018 we are hosting our annual gala "A Toast to Tanzania" at the Multnomah Athletic Club. Proceeds made at the event will support the most vulnerable children and families we serve in Tanzania. We are looking for volunteers that are passionate about our mission and dedicated to creating a successful event!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with planning and coordination of the annual gala
- Assist with graphic design and marketing of the event
- Assist with sponsorship recruitment
- Assist with in-kind donation procurement
- Attend bi-monthly gala committee meetings
- Provide event support at the annual gala
- Any other additional duties as needed
- Fundraising experience
- Event experience
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Timely project management
This volunteer position is a seven month commitment and could extend into other duties if desired. Attending bi-monthly gala committee meetings is required for this volunteer position.
- Event Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training