Photographers needed: Honoring our elders and their light
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
The Illumignossi Project's Legacy Lights Initiative holds workshops for our elders and sages that celebrate them while providing an opportunity to delve into life's major questions: what is my life story and what's the meaning of my life? What is my legacy? In the process, our elders make a lamp representing their legacy that they can eventually pass on to inspire future generations.
We've had some amazing elders in our workshops and we'd like to celebrate and honor them by creating a visual and written narrative consisting of:
- Individual portraits of our elders holding or sitting next to the lit lamp they've made. Post-production, we'd like to edit the photos so the background is b&w and the lamp is in color.
- A short narrative provided by the elder and edited as needed answering one or more of the following questions: a) What's worth knowing? b) What's your light? c) What's your legacy? d) What message do you hope to pass on along with the lamp that you've made?
- A short paragraph that summarizes the essence of their life journey.
This project is mainly about creating an archive that celebrates and honors our unique elders and the "light" that each of them is. But - we also hope to use some of these photo/narratives to tell TIP's story so we can continue to spread light.
This project would require some limited travel. It'll be a truly rewarding experience to spend a few moments with the elders of our culture and recognize them as the shining light each of them is.
We'll work with your schedule.
Milwaukee areaMilwaukee, WI 53217
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- People 55+
- Varied...up to the individual
- A genuine interest in our elders...our sages.