What is the RCH?
Rochester Community House is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving area residents and businesses in the Rochester, Rochester Hills and Oakland Township communities. We provide support for 30 local nonprofits, enrichment and education classes, children’s luncheons, youth leadership, community kitchen, room rentals and much more. Our community kitchen has served over 17,000 hot meals to members of our community who are in need since 2009.
Who are the Friends of the RCH?
The Friends of RCH organization was formed to:
- Promote knowledge of and encourage community participation in RCH activities.
- Assist in fundraising activities such as the Great Everything Sale, Holly and Ivy, and Breakfast with Santa.
- Provide Community feedback to RCH staff and Board members.
Why are more Friends needed?
Due to the ever-growing needs of the community, we are looking forward to increasing the number of fund-raising activities. Therefore, more Friends are needed to support these activities. Friends volunteers will provide:
- Support for presenting fund-raising activities
- Suggestions for improving existing activities
- Suggestions for new activities
- Feedback from the community regarding fund-raising activities and other events presented at the RCH.
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Design & Planning
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Desire to serve the community while having fun!