Are you an enthusiastic and skilled classroom instructor who is passionate about helping youth? PLUS + See Positive Program is recruiting for workshop Facilitator volunteers and we’d like YOU to join our team!
Workshop Facilitator Role Description: The See Positive Workshop Facilitators will guide teens ages 12-20 through the Dove Self-Esteem Curriculum during our See Positive Self-Esteem Workshops. Utilizing See Positive Youth Mentors for assistance, Facilitators will follow the step by step workshop instructions, slides, and handouts to help the youth gain a better understanding about how they see themselves. Facilitators will be provided training and are asked to audit one of the workshops to observe the process before facilitating a workshop. PLUS+ will provide the curriculum for facilitators to teach to ensure quality and consistency in delivery.
- Ensure that the See Positive curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives.
- Maintain classroom management within a class setting of high school age students.
- Expertly manage time during the course of the workshops to ensure that all aspects of the lesson plan are delivered.
- Relate to students about their personal aspirations, college and career options, and skills for success in school and life.
- Contribute feedback to other facilitators and Director of Operations.
- Must have classroom instruction experience, preferably working with the youth.
- Background in college access and/or youth development programs and life skills a plus.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Good sense of humor
- Strong sense of presence in a classroom style
- Passion for helping youth, especially those who are disengaged , understand the connection between education and a better life
Complete the following:
- People Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Per Event