Seasoned Board Chair for Non Profit Wanted!
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization
- Is a partner with the Executive Director in achieving the organization's mission
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who sets policy and to whom the Executive Director is accountable
- Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Executive Director
- Encourages Board's role in strategic planning
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members
- Serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited
- Discusses issues confronting the organization with the Executive Director
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns
- Reviews with the Executive Director any issues of concern to the Board
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities
- Formally evaluates the performance of the Executive Director and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
- Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
Report this opportunity