Room Circus: a Non-Profit committed to alleviating the isolation and stress of hospitalized children and their families through the healing art of laughter and play. For more information: roomcircus.org
Vice President of Services Job Summary:
Room Circus is searching for a pro bono Business Development Manager to fulfil the Vice President of Services vacancy on their Executive Board of Directors.
The Vice President of Services serves as a member of the Executive Board and establishes the Business Development Plan to include future paid contracts with hospitals, hospices, care facilities, schools and corporations (focus on the sustainability/growth of Room Circus).
The Vice President of Services leads the Committees chairs and activities including, but not limited to:
- Donor Appreciation Chair
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Corporate Sponsorship Coordinator
This person should have strong interpersonal/communication skills, a focus on organization, and enhanced multitasking abilities. Sales, marketing and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals.
The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop Room Circuses business strategy and multi year plan.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted healthcare and corporate areas, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreements
- Understand the target markets: large corporations such as Alphabet/Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Boeing, and Starbucks for sponsorship and to schedule Room Circus Corporate Workshops/Team Building Events, Conference Services
- Engage Institutions such as hospitals, memory care facilities, schools and kid camps to ascertain new Room Circus contracts
- Develop market strategies to attract new partnerships
- Formulate the Room Circus Business Development Plan
- Team Leadership
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month, voluntary unpaid work. Reporting to the President/Executive Director.
Education/Experience: Bachelors in Business, MBA 10+ years work experience in the corporate world essential, philanthropy experience desired.
Apply with resume and covering letter:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 - 15 hours per month