The Membership Coordinator is responsible for all membership applications and dues, as well as maintaining the membership database to ensure information is current with membership dues payments, donations, and other pertinent membership information. This position requires a strong people person who enjoys connecting with members (via phone, email and in-person at TAC events) and serving as their ongoing resource.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruiting members through partner registering organizations.
- Maintaining member database.
- Communicating with members about TAC events and news.
- Planning member events.
- Recruiting volunteers to attend marketing events as a representative of our organization.
- Providing regular reports to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with the mission and role of therapy animal teams in facilities and organizations.
- Strong orientation for customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or desire to learn about issues related to our organization's mission.
- Any combination of training, experience and education which provides required knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Non-profit experience, working with volunteers and/or marketing experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- One year with possibility of extension