Still remember your high school algebra and writing skills? We are looking for kind, patient, academic tutors who can support adult students working on high school completion (GED, HSED, 509) or taking classes at Madison College. Develop your teaching skills while helping a local adult improve their education and chance at a better life! Our GED/Academic tutors provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to GED students during a weekly two-hour class under the direction of the Madison College instructor or Literacy GED Program Manager. Training and support are provided. Tutors are required to attend class every week, with no more than two absences during the semester.
We are looking for tutors for the following classes:
- Tuesday mornings, 10:00am-12:00pm at Madison College Downtown Campus (211 N Carroll St.)
- Friday Mornings, 10:00am-12:00pm at Literacy Network
Bilingual volunteers (Spanish/English) encouraged to apply!
Tutors specializing in math encouraged to apply!
- Comfortable helping someone with the following high school level academic topics (materials and support will be provided): algebra & geometry, reading comprehension, essay composition, social studies, science, and civics.
- Able to share effective study and test-taking strategies.
- Mature, dependable, patient, and kind.
- Non-judgmental and interculturally sensitive.
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment