Needed Now! Volunteer Graphic Designer for New Website Design
3 people are interested
Are you a graphic designer that would like to help out a nonprofit with our new website images? Then, please contact us. We are waiting to hear from you, and we need you immediately!
The Website Graphic Designer assistant is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. He/she will work collaboratively with the creative team to help develop new modern innovative images for our new website design currently under construction. This role will assist in designing graphics to visually communicate the organization’s new re-branding and re-messaging. Digital collateral will be designed to clearly convey the organizations mission, encourage community engagement and advocacy interaction.
This role directly contributes to the visual communication of American SPCC’s vision and mission messaging as it relates to child social issues. With a visual focus on the organization’s advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives to help promote social impact and improve children’s lives, related to all forms of abuse and maltreatment; including, but are not limited to: child abuse, child neglect, child sexual abuse, child exploitation, trafficking, bullying, cyberbullying, domestic violence, foster care, child safety, shaken baby syndrome and positive parenting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our team to develop fresh new visual imagery for our new website.
- Design and produce original creative high-res digital images.
- Use royalty-free images and photography.
- Maintain standards for fonts and colors within the context of the organization brand.
- Circulate creative proofs for approval and maintain an archive of artwork produced.
- Communicate any challenges with timing and deliverables to the design team.
- Other design duties, as assigned.
Skills & Personal Traits
- Experience and/or knowledge in website graphic design and/or related fields.
- Strong understanding of responsive design, strategy, best practices, and implementation.
- Clear command of all aspects of visual design, including typography, composition, color, use of photography, and information organization.
- Video producing & editing and photography skills not required but would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization. and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain the "voice" and reputation of an organization,
- Works well independently & proactively as part of a team, and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Graduate in Web Design, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Fine Art Design, etc.
- Graphic design/digital design education.
- Professional experience in design fields.
- Adobe proficiency: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
This position requires a minimum 2-3-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week, which will be completed virtually in the Digital Graphic Designer assistant’s own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Graphic Design / Print
- Driver's License Needed
- 2-3-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hrs/wk