Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest is seeking a volunteer to help in the food pantry. Arizona struggles with the 6th highest unemployment rate in the nation and a lack of affordable housing which both contribute to poverty, hunger, and people living on the streets. Assist LSS-SW in stabilizing lives in times of crisis and transition.
Responsibilities and key deliverables
- Package food boxes for clients
- Stock shelves with incoming food donations
- May utilize computer database to assign food boxes to clients as they arrive
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfortable assisting individuals in poverty
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment
The volunteer will serve in the food pantry of the church. Two Mesa locations available to choose from.
Clearances required & training
This role requires a central registry background check at no cost.
Location & timeframe
2 Mesa Locations:
First Evangelical Lutheran: 142 N. Date Ave. Mesa, AZ 85201 - Tues & Thurs 9am to 11:15am
Victory Lutheran Church: 5946 E. University Dr. Mesa, AZ 85205 - Mon & Wed 9am to 11:30am