We're in need of a Media Relations / Communications Volunteer
3 people are interested
Are you this person? We hope so. We could really use your help!
The Media Relations Assistant role is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. The primary purpose is to assist our organization with media relations and communications. This includes developing national and regional press contacts, creating press releases to ensure the organization's child advocacy messaging, strategies, and objectives, are clearly publicized to maximum effect.
This role directly contributes to the disbursement of American SPCC’s vision and mission messaging and communicating rapid-response press releases to address current news stories relating to child social issues. Publicizing the organization’s advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives to help promote social impact and improve children’s lives, related to all forms of abuse and maltreatment; including, but are not limited to: child abuse, child neglect, child sexual abuse, child exploitation, trafficking, bullying, cyberbullying, domestic violence, foster care, child safety, shaken baby syndrome and positive parenting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement media relations procedures and strategies.
- Research, write & distribute press releases to targeted media addressing child social issues.
- Rapid-response media communications addressing current child-related social issues in the news.
- Maintain organization's image and exemplary reputation with the media agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national and regional media contacts.
- Devise/coordinate media opportunities, including publicity opportunities for photo or videos.
- Collate and analyze media coverage with the best possible outcomes for the organization.
- Prepare summary reports of media activity performance.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- 2+ hours per week.