16 people are interested
WebServes (WS) is a New York City based 501(c)(3) nonprofit technology services provider with a comprehensive range of design, development and marketing solutions for nonprofit organizations and small businesses. WebServes is also committed to the mentoring and training of new technology workers. We are currently seeking active Board Members with a strong commitment to non-profits, interest in technology and work-force development and experience in fundraising, marketing, and/or accounting. Key responsibilities include:
- Actively promote the mission of WebServes, contributing ideas and expertise.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization’s field.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs; inform others about the organization, and work to enhance the organization's public image.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for the executive staff.
- Annually review performance.
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan to accomplish the mission, oversee its implementation and evaluate its success.
- Attend in person or by phone board meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on a committee and periodically take on special assignments.
- Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and to the organization.
- Assess the board’s performance.
- Manage resources effectively.- Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the board, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements, selecting an auditor and receiving the auditor’s report.
We'll work with your schedule.
120 Wall Street20th FloorNew York, NY 10005
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- 5-10 Hours / Month