Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Tutor!
Similar to our homework club, drop-in tutoring provides after-school assistance for local students free of charge. The Edenvale Library is looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate this new activity.
Originally designed for elementary and middle school students, this opportunity is also available for those interested in tutoring high school students in various math, science, history or technology subjects.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in supporting education and local youth mentoring.
- Age 15 to 18 for students in grades K-8; 18+ for high school tutoring
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and work with a team
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- 3-6 month commitment, at least 2 hours a week.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- (Teens) Summer Reading Challenge...
- Parenting Book Club Coordinator
- Summer 2018 Volunteer...
- ESL Conversation Club...
- Bilingual Vietnamese Storytime...
- Tech Mentor at Edenvale Branch...
- ACT, SAT, AP Test Prep Tutor
- Drop-In Homework Tutor (Grades...
- U.S. Citizenship Mock Interview...
- Ongoing Volunteer - Flexible...