The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is part of Senior Corp, and partially funded by the Corporation for National and Community Services. Central Texas Opportunities Inc.'s RSVP is now serving Brown, Comanche, Coleman, Runnels, and Eastland County. In joining the program, you become part of a national movement of hundreds of thousands of volunteers striving to help their communities.
Who Can Join RSVP?
- Seniors 55 years of age and older (ID needed to verify age)
- Seniors who have a genuine desire to make a difference in their community
- Seniors who have few (or many) hours to give
- Reside in or nearby the counties served (see above)
Why Join CTO Inc.'s RSVP?
- Free volunteer placement
- Opportunity to learn and share a talent
- Meet new people
- Training from the organization where you serve
- Supplemental liability insurance, and limited mileage reimbursement while volunteering
- Social, Educational and Recognition events
What can you find CTO Inc.'s RSVP volunteers doing?
- Free Tax preparation
- Assisting at Administrative office with answering and directing calls, data entry, etc.
- Assisting the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program with compiling a list of local landlords, apartment complexes, which will help speed up the process in transitioning economically, disadvantaged individuals into safe healthy affordable housing.
- Meal Delivery for seniors and eligible adults of the meal delivery program.
- Garden Volunteer for local community garden
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Although RSVP may not require Background check, volunteer station may hold other requirements