About Luke's Wings:
Luke's Wings is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the support of wounded, ill, and injured service members by providing families with the means to visit during recovery and rehabilitation. On Saturday, April 7 th, we will host the Luke’s Wings 10 th Anniversary Heroes Gala in Washington, D.C. and we are in need of volunteers!
Luke’s Wings is seeking Event Volunteers to assist with day-of event logistics at the Gala. Volunteers will assist with event set up, check-in, auction, check-out and event clean up. Volunteers will arrive at the venue at 3:00 PM and volunteer until the end of the event at 10:30 PM. All volunteers will be served lunch and dinner at the event. Volunteers will be asked to wear black pants and a white blouse or dress shirt.
- Event Set Up
- Set up silent auction items within cocktail area
- Set up event décor including step and repeat, signage, programs, etc.
- Set up registration and check-in table
- During the Event
- Assist with check-in and silent auction registration
- Greet and escort guests to assigned tables
- Assist guests with placing silent auction bids via mobile bidding
- Assist with check-out following the event
- Assist with collecting left over items to include uncollected silent auctions, bid paddles, leftover programs, etc.
- Assist with cleaning up the event space and returning everything to the holding room prior to departing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM