Volunteer Treasurer (Cash and Check Receipts)
11 people are interested
All-volunteer nonprofit seeks key volunteer who is responsible for collecting donation checks from the organization's post box, keeping records, and maintaining financial controls with bookkeeper/accountant.
Healthy Schools International serves rural students in Sierra Leone and Kenya by providing clean infrastructure projects (water, sanitation and solar electricity) to make their school environment more healthy.
- Principle responsibility ensures appropriate financial controls by dividing banking responsibilities.
- Specifically, volunteer treasurer needs to physically collect mail in Burke Centre, VA, log any donation checks into donor management site (DonorSnap) and then give checks for deposit into the organization's bank account.
- Likewise receive and log any cash or in-kind donations into the donor management site then pass on for deposit.
- Work together with bookkeeper to validate donation income and expenses with income and expense logs, reconciled with bank statements.
- Receive training on job responsibilities, DonorSnap & organization’s mission, values, culture as part of on-boarding.
- Acquainted with basic financial, bookkeeping and accounting practices, preferably in a nonprofit organization context
- Basic understanding of financial controls concept
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter; ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn to use online software (work using an internet browser to access DonorSnap)
- Good interpersonal skills
We'll work with your schedule.
In the vicinity of Burke, VABurke, VA 22015
- Financial Service Assistance
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Able to travel to Burke Centre, VA 2-3 times per month to collect and process mail.