Senior Training and Development Human Resources Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Advance Social Innovation, ASI is a registered 501c3 in United States. Our Mission is to develop or adopt innovative & effective programs that help & support underrepresented communities, including social enterprise or initiatives that serve these communities.
Reporting to the Meta volunteer of the People Management Team, the Sr. Training and Development Specialist is an integral part in the success of Advance Social Innovation. The Sr. Training and Development Specialist works in a collaborative team environment and uses instructional design and adult learning methodologies to analyze volunteer training needs, design and develop content, define measurement strategies to assess the effectiveness of learning programs, and manage organization-wide tracking of all trainings. This requires interacting with all volunteers, gaining a keen understanding of ASI, collaborating with founders, and continuously looking for ways to enrich the volunteer’s knowledge and professional development. This is a remote unpaid part time volunteer opportunity that will help build your skills, network, while making an impact! A recommendation letter will be provided after 3 months of successful performance in role.
If you meet the below qualifications and you're interested, please include a cover letter telling us about your training and development experience to be considered.
- Identify and formulate the learning strategy of the organization.
- Design and execute learning activities that are highly engaging and support learning objectives of the organization.
- Conduct feedback surveys, focus groups, interviews and observations to identify training needs.
- Implement training presentations to engage and develop our volunteers, which includes the design of engaging training modules based on various target groups.
- Conduct various training and development presentations with effective training delivery.
- Evaluate, track training hours, % Volunteer coverage, follow-up on programs to ensure goal accomplishments and business outcomes.
- Revise current presentations in place to ensure high engagement from a visual and content standpoint. We want our presentations to tell a story!
- Collaborates with business partners throughout the organization to develop curriculum design, implementation and evaluation.
- Creates training plans and curriculum that align with the department objectives.
- Lead training and development specialist through mentoring and development approach.
- Serves as a recognized positive change agent.
- Attend HR team meetings.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources required.
- Minimum of 7 hours volunteer engagement per week.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in Human Resources preferred.
- Experience creating engaging training topics and power point presentations required.
- Direct HR Training and development experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong track record as being strategic.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.
- Work from home office with computer and phone line. Home office must be distraction and noise free. Google hangouts and skype account. Must have account to conduct webinar for trainings.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Assistance
- Must be at least 18
- 7 hours minimum
- Training and development experience