The bereavement volunteer provides bereavement care and support services to the bereft under the
direction of the volunteer coordinator and bereavement counselor.
1. Receptive to essential philosophy, values and approach to care and willing to adhere to
Compassionate Care Hospice policies and procedures.
2. Positive interpersonal skills and good organizational skills.
3. Is flexible, cooperative.
4. Ability to function as a member of an integrated healthcare team.
5. Willingness to serve others.
RESPONSIBLITITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assists the bereavement personnel with the organization of bereavement follow up.
2. Organizes bereavement paperwork, schedules appointments
3. Update bereavement activity manual/files
4. Maintain bereavement data base.
5. Assist in organization of support groups/memorial services
6. Update community resource lists
7. Prepare mailings as directed.
8. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational in services as required.
1. Make bereavement phone calls per CCH policy.
2. Mail pertinent information per CCH policy.
3. Assist in facilitating support groups and memorial services
4. Maintain complete and accurate documentation
5. Participate in development of bereavement care plan
6. Present bereavement resources to community groups
7. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the bereavement counselor including
the response of the family to bereavement services.
8. Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities.
9. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the volunteer coordinator
10. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational in services as required.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2hrs week
- health clearance form, tb test
- Admin Volunteer
- Senior Companionship
- Volunteers Needed for...
- Compassionate companions for...
- Compassionate Volunteers Requested
- Connect with Seniors and Families
- Bereavement Support to Hospice...
- Companionship for Seniors on...
- Share your Expertise with...
- Senior or Veteran Companionship...
- Hairdresser needed for hospice...