WHO CAN BECOME A TEEN VOLUNTEER?
- High school students in Hampton Roads ages 15-18.
WHAT DO TEEN VOLUNTEERS DO?
- Welcome and interact with visitors of all ages
- Lead learning activities at Education Stations
- Answer visitor questions about the museum and Virginia Beach
- Help visitors take photos and use in-gallery technology
- Brainstorm ways to make the museum more teen friendly
DO I NEED TO BE INTERESTED IN HISTORY?
- No! Your job will be to help visitors have a fun and positive experience - not give lectures. It’s much more important that you’re mature, outgoing, and comfortable interacting with new people.
WHY BECOME A TEEN VOLUNTEER?
- Build your resume for scholarships, college applications, and future employment
- Improve your customer service and communication skills
- Meet new people from across the country
- Develop your self-confidence and leadership abilities
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE APRIL 15TH.
APPLY AT: VBSURFRESCUEMUSEUM.ORG/TEEN-VOLUNTEERS
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours per week during program