Make a Splash as a Teen Volunteer!
13 people are interested
WHO CAN BECOME A TEEN VOLUNTEER?
- High school students in Hampton Roads ages 15-18.
WHAT DO TEEN VOLUNTEERS DO?
- Welcome and interact with visitors of all ages
- Lead learning activities at Education Stations
- Answer visitor questions about the museum and Virginia Beach
- Help visitors take photos and use in-gallery technology
- Assist with sales at the front desk
- Brainstorm ways to make the museum more teen friendly
DO I NEED TO BE INTERESTED IN HISTORY?
- No! Your job will be to help visitors have a fun and positive experience - not give lectures. It’s much more important that you’re mature, outgoing, and comfortable interacting with new people.
WHY BECOME A TEEN VOLUNTEER?
- Build your resume for scholarships, college applications, and future employment
- Improve your customer service and communication skills
- Meet new people from across the country
- Develop your self-confidence and leadership abilities
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum
2401 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, US
The Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum honors and preserves the history of Virginia's coastal communities and maritime heritage.
The Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum is a maritime museum located at 24th Street on the Boardwalk. The museum explores Virginia's coastal communities and maritime heritage. It honors our past and anchors to our community.
The museum is housed in a 1903 Life-Saving Service building, one of the predecessors to the Coast Guard. Our Surf & Rescue gallery features the men who lived and worked here, as well as the lives they saved. It also highlights the history of the other lifesavers on the beach - our lifeguards. A final exhibit reveals how rescue techniques sparked the development of East Coast surfing culture right here in Virginia Beach. The upper gallery explores many facets of Virginia Beach history - from coastal storms to the development of the boardwalk to beach vacations through the years.
We'll work with your schedule.
2401 Atlantic AvenueVirginia Beach, VA 23451
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 15
- 1 shift (3 hours) per month minimum