WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Job Descriptions for Members of Board at PEPA /Organization
Please consider joining the PEPA family members that have dedicated to sacrifice their time to save and give hope to others
PEPA/Organization is Nonprofit with headquarters in Minnesota- United States with running programs in Africa, registered as Nonprofit under the Internal Revenue Code (IRS) section (501) ( C) (3) , Exempted from the Federal Income Tax with Deductible contribution(gift, donation, grant...)
The areas of Intervention of PEPA:
- Promoting and defend the Human Rights
- HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Hepatitis C
- Promote Gender and Equity
- Promotion of SDGs
- Advocacy and Lobby and campaigns for the rights of prisoners, legal assistance, harm reduction to no criminalization of People who use drugs and people living with AIDS and access to health services.
- Environment and Climate Change
For more information, visit the website at www.pepahumandignity.org
To become a Board Member of PEPA- Organization must fulfill some of the below mentioned requirements: TIME TO SERVE: 3 years with possibility of extending and NOTE that these are VOLUNTEER positions
1 Be 18 years of age and above
2. Ready to dedicate at least 10hours per week to Volunteer for the organization
3. Is willing to contribute to achieving the organization's mission
4. Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who sets policy and to whom the Chief Executive is accountable.
5. Participate in meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Chief Executive.
6. Encourages Board's role in strategic planning
7. Discusses issues confronting the organization with the Chief Executive.
8. Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
9. Or with experience in project proposal writing, Monitoring and Evaluation
10. Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.
- Be ready to travel to Africa (DR.Congo and Uganda) when needed.
- Be able and available to represent the organization in the United Nations Meetings when deemed necessary and present annual report.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined in the Board Member job description, this position:
1. Has a heart of serving and contributing to the growth of PEPA
2. Performs Chair responsibilities when the Chair cannot be available
- Reports to the Board's Chair
4. Works closely with the Chair and other staff
5. Participates closely with the Chair to develop and implement officer transition plans.
6.Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time
8. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
9. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
10. Participates in fund raising for the organization
- Can describe the contents of legal documents (articles, by-laws, IRS letters, etc.) to note applicability during meetings
FUNDRAISER AND MOBILISATIONThe required fundraising responsibilities include the following
- Ensures that there is an annual fundraising plan in place.
- Networks with possible donors and interested individuals who could provide technical, logistical, outreach or communication support as much as possible.
- Monitors the results of the plan.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with potential donors.
- Supports the organization’s annual giving program by giving as generously as possible.
- Organizes and attends fundraising events.
If you are ready to gain a new experience and be part of PEPA family, please indicate in your letter what will be able to do, even if not mentioned in the above mentioned requirements. Please send your motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Please note that you can be from any State of the United States to quality for a board member of PEPA.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 2
- Dedicate at least 10 hours per week