HGSCA is seeking a non-profit lawyer who can advise our organization what types of legal forms and documentation we need to maintain our non-profit status, and aid the education of directors, personnel, and other stakeholders so we can run our organization diligently.
We look forward to working with retirees who would like to find the perfect opportunity to pursue their interests and feed their passions. We know that retirees reap a host of physical, mental and emotional health benefits from volunteering while they find a way to contribute positively to society.
Here are three positive effects they get from giving back
- We know that older adults who volunteer tend to live longer. We would like them to feel
- Volunteering exercises the brain. Because it engages them in solving problems, volunteering may also improve the cognitive health of retirees
- Volunteers are more socially active and less lonely
(From Forbes, to read the whole article click on the link https://goo.gl/yaa7By)
- Must embrace the mission of HGSCA
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- International Non-profit / affiliate
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to meet once a month via Skype or in person to communicate with the Board of Directors.
- Able to work from home (you decides the how/when) and use our email system to communicate with the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors and staff informational training
- Provide legal advise
- Prepare documentation required
- Represent us in any legal matters.
E-mail resume to Kenia Mosquera at HGSCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a non-profit organization (501c3) created to foster cultural and educational exchange, medical assistance, tourism, art, commercial trade opportunities and good will between Guayaquil, Ecuador and Houston, Texas. We achieve these goals by establishing relations and cooperation between individuals, organizations, and institutions from the two cities.
We have become part of a powerful global network anchored in formal city-to-city agreements. Eighteen sister cities, strategically positioned throughout the world, translate into long-term relationships that give you international access, opportunities and resources.
To learn more about the Sister Cities Program click on the link below:
- Legal (General)
- Intellectual Property
- Conflict Resolution
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Contract Negotiations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years, it isn't mandatory but highly recommended
- There is a 40 dollars annual fee to be part of the organization.