HGSCA seeks Grant Writers. The person in this position works in close collaboration with the Director of Development to help HGSCA meet its institutional fundraising goals. The Grant Writer will be the lead author of proposals, and report narratives submitted to 5 to 10 foundations, corporations and government agencies each year, will coordinate with other development volunteers on research and prospecting, and will support other fundraising activities as needed.
We look forward to working with retirees who would like to find the perfect opportunity to pursue their interests and feed their passions. We know that retirees reap a host of physical, mental and emotional health benefits from volunteering while they find a way to contribute positively to society.
Here are three positive effects they get from giving back
- We know that older adults who volunteer tend to live longer. We would like them to feel
- Volunteering exercises the brain. Because it engages them in solving problems, volunteering may also improve the cognitive health of retirees
- Volunteers are more socially active and less lonely
(From Forbes, to read the whole article click on the link https://goo.gl/yaa7By)
- Must embrace the mission of HGSCA
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in grant writing and related activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate others’ input into narratives.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a team player and to take initiative.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience using a fundraising database and grant research tools.
- Experience creating project budgets and financial reports a plus.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to meet once every 3 month via Skype or in person to communicate with the Board of Directors.
- Able to work from home (you decides the how/when) and use our email system to communicate with the Board of Directors
- Write and prepare proposals and letters of inquiry to new and existing institutional funders, including foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
- Write and prepare reports to funders.
- Maintain and update departmental style guide.
- Maintain and update document templates for standard proposals and reports. Provide annual narrative reports to other departments as needed.
- Identify and research existing and prospective institutional funders, and assist with cultivating relationships with institutional contacts.
- Monitor and update fundraising calendar and tracking documents related to institutional support.
- Collaborate with Director of Development and development team in ongoing fundraising strategy development and implementation.
- Other duties may include:
- Collecting information and writing up HGSCA success stories.
- Writing fundraising appeals for online and direct mail solicitations.
- Writing speeches for fundraising events.
- Working closely with our Treasurer in preparing proposal budgets and financial reports.
E-mail resume to Kenia Mosquera at HGSCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a non-profit organization (501c3) created to foster cultural and educational exchange, medical assistance, tourism, art, commercial trade opportunities and good will between Guayaquil, Ecuador and Houston, Texas. We achieve these goals by establishing relations and cooperation between individuals, organizations, and institutions from the two cities.
We have become part of a powerful global network anchored in formal city-to-city agreements. Eighteen sister cities, strategically positioned throughout the world, translate into long-term relationships that give you international access, opportunities and resources.
To learn more about the Sister Cities Program click on the link below:
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years; it isn't mandatory but highly recommended
- There is a 40 dollars annual fee to be part of the organization.