HGSCA needs an incredibly robust volunteer base, and an awesome Volunteer Coordinator to lead the way. We're looking for someone who's experienced in volunteer coordination, and is a go-getter who loves problem solving and creating new programs.
We look forward to work with retirees who would like to find the perfect opportunity to pursue their interests and feed their passions. We know that retirees reap a host of physical, mental and emotional health benefits from volunteering while they find a way to contribute positively to society.
Here are three positive effects they get from giving back
- We know that older adults who volunteer tend to live longer. We would like them to feel
- Volunteering exercises the brain. Because it engages them in solving problems, volunteering may also improve the cognitive health of retirees
- Volunteers are more socially active and less lonely
(From Forbes, to read the whole article click on the link https://goo.gl/yaa7By)
- Must embrace the mission of HGSCA
- A GREAT "people person" with a customer-focused attitude
- Able to handle stressful situations while staying calm and collected
- Incredibly positive, friendly, and dedicated to making volunteers feel welcome
- Resourceful, with a roll up the sleeves attitude. Initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently, and flexibility and determination to persist until goals are achieved.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Forward-thinking, action-oriented, results-driven, self-starter with ability to independently manage time and set deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google e-mail, Google calendar, Google documents. Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to meet once a month via Skype or in person to communicate with the Board of Directors.
- Able to work from home (You decide the how/when) and use our email system to communicate with the Board of Directors
- Implement recruitment strategies to gain new volunteers
- Monitor the volunteer email account and respond to questions as well as send out updates
- Ensure that all new volunteer applications are processed, and that new volunteers attend orientations and mentor sessions
- Work with the volunteer coordination team to resolve conflicts and manage feedback
- Help promote and recruit for new volunteer positions and roles
- Help train volunteers
- Lead orientation activities
- Work with Mentors to ensure new volunteers are stewarded
- Make sure volunteers are following safe handling procedures, and address issues with kindness and training wherever possible
- Implement volunteer appreciation and retention strategies
- Work directly with volunteers both on-site and off
- Report data and metrics to evaluate program performance
E-mail resume to Kenia Mosquera at HGSCA: email@example.com
We are a non-profit organization (501c3) created to foster cultural and educational exchange, medical assistance, tourism, art, commercial trade opportunities and good will between Guayaquil, Ecuador and Houston, Texas. We achieve these goals by establishing relations and cooperation between individuals, organizations, and institutions from the two cities.
We have become part of a powerful global network anchored in formal city-to-city agreements. Eighteen sister cities, strategically positioned throughout the world, translate into long-term relationships that give you international access, opportunities and resources.
To learn more about the Sister Cities Program click on the link below:
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years, it isn't mandatory but highly recommende
- There is a 40 dollars annual fee to be part of the organization.