Be an Education Docent at SPARK Museum of Electrical Invention!
Do you love science? Are you a history buff? Do you love helping children discover their passion? Consider becoming a Education Docent at Spark Museum, where discovery sparks imagination!
We are currently seeking fun loving, engaging individuals who want to join our Education team. In this volunteer position you will have the opprotunity to work with our school groups and introduce the children in our community to the amazing world of scientific discovery.
As an Education Docent your responsibilities will be:
- Assist during school field trips at our interactive stations.
- Share the scientific principles demonstrated in current exhibits.
- Assist with Assmebly portion of tour as needed and able.
- Volunteers must be able to pass a Washington State background check
- Have some experience working with children, education, or customer service.
- Must have weekday/Morning availability
- Willing to commit 2-4 school groups a month as your schedule allows
- We prefer our volunteers to be 18 and over but if conditions allow, 16 and older is acceptable.
What the Museum offers you:
- The opportunity to learn about the marvelous history, science, and power of electricity.
- The ability to gain skills in working with people of all ages and interests.
- The chance to improve your public speaking skills.
- The occasion to work with others as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
- The chance to make a difference!
Docents-in-training will be required to shadow experienced Docents during school groups and spend one on one training time at the Museum’s interactive stations. Training should take approximately 1 month with a weekly or biweekly schedule.
If you are at all interested please contact Abby at SPARK Museum at email@example.com or 360-738-3886. You can also fill out our volunteer application online or stop by the Museum and pick up a hard copy. We are open Wednesday-Sunday, 11-5.
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a month