Plans are well underway for Home Start, Inc.’s 46th Annual Blue Ribbon Gala on Saturday April 21st, 2018, and we are in need for volunteers!
In recognition of National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the Blue Ribbon Gala raises much-needed funds for Home Start’s programs which provide critical assistance to San Diego County’s most vulnerable children and families. We are grateful for having groups volunteering and we would love to invite your groups join us at this event!
We will have several volunteer opportunities throughout the day and you can check all the information on volunteering at the 2018 Gala at https://home-start.org/gala-volunteer-opportunities
We need crafty and creative volunteers to help us prepare for this amazing event. Volunteers will set up table coverings, chair covers, centerpieces, as well as prepare the silent auction tables with items, descriptions, clipboards, bid sheets, etc.Registration 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Computer savvy people are welcome to join us at the registration table, check in guests, assign bid numbers and list table numbers on program/bid card, and clean up the registration table. Greater Giving Training will be provided.Activities 4:00pm - 8:00pm
If you are outgoing and communicative, these are great opportunities for you! Encourage guests to interact and engage with fun activities. Clean and rearrange the room for check out.
- Silent Auction
- Photo Booth Assistant
- Selfie Area
- Laugh-in Wall - exciting new addition!
- Pinwheel Garden- exciting new addition!
- Boutique Pop Up - the Thrift Boutique will bring one-of-a-kind specially selected items for purchase
Observant and detail oriented volunteers are a must for the event! You will be stationed around the ballroom, record live auction winners and paddle raisers, and fill out donor form. After the auction is done, this crew will also help with clean up.Check Out 8:00pm - 11:00pm
- Clerks: Computer savvy volunteers that will check out guests, finalize the payments, and help with clean-up. Greater Giving Training will be provided.
- Runners: When the Silent Auction is finish, the volunteers will rearrange room for the check out, retrieve items for the winning guests as requested by clerks, and help with the clean-up.
*Job descriptions and times may change during the event.
About Home Start, Inc.
We recognize that all children hope for a bright future. That’s why Home Start works tirelessly to help families identify and use their strengths to build a better future for themselves. We are committed to a community-based collaborative effort to reach children and families at risk and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Learn more at: https://home-start.org/volunteer
- Data Entry
- Interior / Exterior Decorating
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Volunteers Needed for Fun Gala...
- Help us pick up and store...
- Use your tax knowledge to help a...
- Are you a big fan of garage sales?
- A few hours of your week can...
- Help needed at the Thrift...
- Supported Needed in for Tax...
- Opportunities for Fundraising...
- Our Gala is coming and we need...
- Help Pass out Food to Families...
- HR Volunteer/Intern Needed!
- Are you good with kids?