A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern who will work with the Program Supervisor to plan online child or family matching events webinars. This includes sending registration emails, home study requests, making PowerPoint presentations, creating promotional emails to be sent to the webinar audience, and setting up and distributing login information. Duties also include data collection and posting matching even work, such as submitting home studies and evaluating the factors of successful and unsuccessful outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research effective and new tools that will market matching events, thus making them more successful.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint and provide new ideas on how to improve the presentation of the matching events.
- Make sure every attendee has a legitimate and up to date home study and that AFFEC has a copy of their home study.
- Distribute login information to those who are able to attend.
- Overcome barriers of how to get children referred and caseworkers on board.
- Communicate with participating families to confirm they have all of the necessary information for their family matching event.
- Work with web team to lay out webpage.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs and other marketing tools.
- Carry out event.
- Evaluate event, thank partners, enter all data.
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hours weekly
- Family Adoption Specialist
- Fundraising Event Planner
- Matching Assistance Program...
- IT Work--Great for High School...
- Agency Marketing Specialist
- Child Matching Event Coordinator
- Graphic Design Specialist
- Family Finding Volunteer
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- WordPress Volunteers Needed!...
- Princess Event Planner
- Development Funding
- SEO | Digital Marketing...
- FAMILY RESOURCE COORDINATOR
- Marketing/Targeted Outreach...
- Appreciation Card Creator
- SEO Volunteer Needed
- Media Marketing
- Online Matching Event Coordinator
- Princess Event Developer