Learn the inner workings of accounting in a large non-profit. Support our accounting team in balancing and prioritizing workload through ensuring timely and accurate completion of projects. Professional references provided for stellar performance.
- Reconcile billing entries and group payments to correctly report revenue to VOA programs
- Perform 10-Key data entry
- Special project may be available based on mutual need
- Must be good with numbers and have flawless attention to detail.
- Comfortable with computers - proficiency not required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of agency financial and client data, accessing and discussing only the information needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Open communication with supervisor regarding attendance, requests, and concerns.
- Professionalism appropriate for an executive level office environment.
- Strong 10-key data entry skills
- Flexibility to changing environment and staff project requests, and willingness to take on new tasks.
- Interest or experience in non-profit accounting and/or social service management.
Our Accounting department plays a key role in sustaining our work. Volunteers of America Oregon changes lives by promoting self-determination, building strong communities and standing for social justice. We are passionate about finding innovative solutions to our community's most intractable social problems. From at-risk youth to victims of domestic violence, recovering addicts and the frail elderly, Volunteers of America provides a range of supportive and empowering services to our area's most vulnerable populations - and works with them to rebuild their lives and reach their full potential.
Shifts: Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm for up to 3 full days a week. Short-term commitments welcome!
Location: 3910 SE Stark St. Portland, OR 97214
- Volunteers must be 18years of age or olderto participate in this opportunity.
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm for up to 3 full days a week