Translator (Bengali, Arabic, or Spanish)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AveSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, Middle-East, North Africa, and Latin America into American society. As CIANA provides basic services that seek to make daily life easier to navigate, we would like to expand our help to provide access to benefits and application assistance.
- Assist our staff attorney, case manager, and/or program manager in interviewing non-English speaking clients
- Translating documents, materials, and web-based and paper applications into Spanish, Arabic, or Bengali
- Answering phone calls and assisting non-English speaking callers
The volunteer must:
- be available at least 10 hours per week
- have superior people skills and enjoy working with diverse populations
- be highly organized, goal oriented, and a problem solver
- Language proficiency in Arabic Bengali, and/or Spanish
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, highlighting your language skills to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Immigration Law
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment