Jumpstart is a national early childhood education organization that works towards the day every child in America enters in Kindergarten prepared to succeed.Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promotes quality early learning for all.
Description: Volunteers are needed to make recommendations to Jumpstart by serving on the Board Advisors, skills in the following areas are desired;
- Social work/case management- experience of older adult programs/services in the area
- Public relations - to spread the word about Jumpstart and raise our community profile
- Government relations - to engage elected officials and community leaders to educate about our program and include in recognition of our volunteers
- Human resources/management/leadership
- Education - Retired educators/school counselors - especially early childhood education and/or social emotional development expertise
- Older adult knowledge/gerontology - especially experience with older adult learning/training and knowledge of older adults workforce development
- Program Management
- Capacity Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours once a month + a few hours a month
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation
- Lead the Way to Adult Employment
- Psychologist/ Therapist - Open...
- Green & Clean a School at RSVP...
- Advocate for Jumpstart
- Data Entry - Journey Out
- Advisory Council - Jumpstart
- Help Disabled Vets with...
- Data Entry / Clerical - Jumpstart
- Director of Operations
- Kitchen Prep Lead - L.A. Kitchen
- Easter fun for kids!
- Help Transform the Lives of...
- Jumpstart Meet & Greet -...