Jumpstart is a national early childhood education organization that works towards the day every child in America enters in Kindergarten prepared to succeed. Jumpstart's programs provide language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promote quality early learning for all.
Jumpstart is seeking volunteers to assist with many different roles. Come to the info session to learn about the work they do and ways that you can help. Volunteers are needed to help with their data management, outreach to the community to spread the work about Jumpstart, and advise Jumpstart on what could make their program even better.
Description: Volunteers are needed with experience in the following areas;
- Inputting information from paper format into data management systems (Online and Excel)
- Typing of documents: applications, student and volunteer attendance, student assessments, volunteer feedback, etc.
- Checking documents for completion and flag for follow up by staff members
- Helping with filing and file organization
- For the Summer Project: printing and assembling recruitment packets to be mailed to community partners
- Social work/case management- experience of older adult programs/services in the area
- Public relations - to spread the word about Jumpstart and raise our community profile
- Government relations - to engage elected officials and community leaders to educate about our program and include in recognition of our volunteers
- Human resources/management/leadership
- Retired educators/school counselors - especially early childhood education and/or social emotional development expertise
- Older adult knowledge/gerontology - especially experience with older adult learning/training and knowledge of older adults workforce development
Time Commitment: Varies depending upon the role, but flexible.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Literacy / Reading
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Dependent upon role and your availability
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation
- Data Entry / Clerical - Jumpstart
- Lead the Way to Adult Employment
- Psychologist/ Therapist - Open...
- Green & Clean a School at RSVP...
- Advocate for Jumpstart
- Data Entry - Journey Out
- Kitchen Prep Lead - L.A. Kitchen
- Easter fun for kids!
- Help Transform the Lives of...
- Advisory Council - Jumpstart
- Help Disabled Vets with...
- Jumpstart Meet & Greet -...