Mission: Cure Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and Myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
LLS has invested over $1 billion in research and patient services but still needs to keep growing to make someday today.
Position Title: Special Events Intern - The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
Reports to: Campaign Specialist
Overview: The Special Events Team creates, manages and implements all fundraising strategies and activities for Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY), Students of the Year (SOY) and Leukemia Cup Series campaigns. This internship will have a strong focus on Man & Woman of the Year and Leukemia Cup Series campaigns.
We offer a supportive, hands-on work environment, where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. Part-time and full-time internships are available between 9a-5p, Monday thru Friday. A minimum of 15 hours a week for 3 months (May-July) is required. Hours and start date in May are flexible in order to work around class schedules. This internship is unpaid but class credit is available pending school approval.
- Enhancing public awareness of LLS via the coordination of promotional and grassroots marketing activities.
- Support in event planning of ancillary events associated with all campaigns.
- Support campaign staff with volunteer committee communication, meetings, and other related volunteer activities.
- Assist in creating content for campaigns social media outlets.
- Secure auction and product donations for assigned campaigns.
- Provide support to candidate and participants fundraising initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer care to participants and teams raising money for the mission.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Hands-on fundraising/sales experience in a non-profit setting
- Access to an experienced mentor that will be available to guide you through your internship and offer advice after its completion as you enter the workforce
- Attend at least 3 skill seminars during your time with LLS
- Skill seminar topics will be focused on both personal and professional growth
- Opportunities to connect with seasoned Chicagoland professionals in your field of interest
- Own the success of at least one signature intern project that will be yours to manage from start to finish
Please send cover letter and resume by 5 pm Friday, March 30th to:
volunteer_ILC@lls.org (Please include "Special Events Intern" in the subject line.)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
954 W Washington Blvd Suite 305
Chicago, IL 60607
No phone calls please
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18